CHURUBUSCO JR./SR. HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMIC STANDARDS FOR EXTRA-CURRICULARS
Churubusco JR/SR High School requires students to be passing six classes to be able to participate in contests.
Extra-Curricular/Co-Curricular participants are determined to be academically ineligible at the end of a grading period:
|Term of participation||Grade used to determine eligibility|
|Quarter 1||Semester 2 of previous year|
|Quarter 2||Quarter 1|
|Quarter 3||Semester 1|
|Quarter 4||Quarter 3|
- Students passing 6 or 7 classes are fully eligible
- Students passing 5 classes may become eligible at midterm if passing 6+ classes
- Students passing 4 or fewer may become eligible at the next quarter if passing 6+ classes
- When students become eligible they must present their coach with proof from teacher and/or athletic dept.
Extra-Curricular/Co-Curricular participants are determined to be academically ineligible at midterm grade checks:
- If they are not passing 6 classes at the midterm the student may become eligible when the student provides documentation to their head coach & athletic department that the grades have improved to the point where they are passing 6 classes.
Students determined to be academically ineligible may be on the team and practice, but will not be allowed to participate in contests. (Students that can only take five classes are exempt from the “six class” rule as are freshman during the first grading period.) Semester grades will take precedence over nine-week grades.